The St. Luke’s Dokmo Memorial Library is open to all members of our congregation. We provide resources for children and adults that strengthen the educational work of the congregation, increase understanding of our faith, enrich our worship life, provide information on social issues and deepen our relationship with Jesus Christ. Read the Statement Of Purpose and Selection Policy.
The Dokmo Library is open Sunday mornings and during the week whenever the church is normally open for office hours or for activities or meetings.
Bring your coffee and spend some time in the Library. You will find treasures that you did not know were there and that you find nowhere else. Take home a good book today! We have something for everyone: good fiction, inspirational literature, devotional books, self-help books and books that deal with issues of our time. We have books for children, teens as well as adults, We have reference books and hymnals.
- Check the book cart in the Atrium this month!
- Look for Recommendations on our Blog, Read and Share
- Interested in St. Luke’s history? We also have archival materials.
- Do you like to read for fun? Welcome to the the Page Turners Book Club
- Take the Story Home. Calling all teachers and parents! The library team at St. Luke’s will periodically suggest titles for the seasons of the year and to enhance the Sunday School curriculum.
- View the gallery of pictures from the 2017 dedication of the library expansion.
Journal of Lutheran Ethics, is a free, bi-monthly online publication living out the Lutheran tradition of addressing social issues theologically, using the resources of historical, theological, and ethical tradition, biblical interpretation, and social sciences.
Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life seeks to promote a deeper understanding of issues at the intersection of religion and public affairs. The Pew Forum conducts surveys, demographic analyses and other social science research on important aspects of religion and public life in the U.S. and around the world.
Living Lutheran, the monthly news magazine of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
We invite you to consider helping your church library grow and improve:
- You may wish to donate a book or consider purchasing a book from our Wish List. St. Luke’s Library welcomes your donations of new or gently used books! The Library Team wants to acknowledge all gifts, large or small, although it reserves the right to determine whether an item is appropriate. We’ve recently received some very nice books, but we don’t know who to thank! Please fill out a donation form on the desk when you drop off your gifts.
- You may wish to honor or memorialize a loved one with a gift in his or her name. Find the Library’s Current Wish List Here.
- You may wish to contribute funds toward supplies or equipment needed for the library.
- You may wish to be a Library Greeter.
- View more pictures from the Dokmo Library
Contact the Library Team or the church office for more information about how you can help. (847) 852-6659 e-mail