And the King will answer them, “Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are of my family, you did it to me.” Matthew 25:40
Shopping List for Our Food Pantries
- Proteins. Canned meats such as tuna, chicken or fish are high in protein and low in saturated fat.
- Soups and Stews. They are filling, particularly the “chunky” soups
- Prepared Meals. (canned or boxed) such as macaroni and cheese.
- Rice, Pasta and Corn Meal. These are staples.
- Cereals, including Oatmeal. Breakfast cereals can be an additional source of protein, and most cereals today include a variety of vitamins and minerals.
- Canned Vegetables. Include tomatoes and tomato sauce. Often necessary for creating one dish meals.
- Canned or dried Beans, Peas, and Lentils. A staple of diets as early as 6700 B.C., beans is a low-fat source of protein and fiber.
- Canned Fruits. Don’t forget applesauce!
- Fruit Juice. (in cans, plastic or boxed) Make sure it’s 100% juice.
- Beverages: Coffee, Tea, Hot Cocoa
- Shelf-stable Milk. This includes dehydrated milk, canned evaporated milk.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly. Mixed in one jar is great!
- Puddings and Cake Mix. Everyone has a birthday!
- Crackers. Don’t forget the Graham Crackers!
- Cooking Supplies. Flour, Sugar, Oil, Salt, Pepper, Spices and spice packets.
- Condiments. Ketchup, Mayonnaise, Mustard, Pickles.
- Cleaning Products Laundry Soap, Dish Soap.
- Paper Products Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Kleenex.
- Personal Hygiene Products Shampoo, Toothpaste, Bath Soap.
Thank you for helping!
Our gifts support the Maine Township Food Pantry in Park Ridge.