Frequently Asked Questions about Online Giving
- What are the major advantages of online giving? Online giving is all about convenience for you and consistency for St. Luke’s. Electronic giving eliminates frequent check writing and helps you stay on track with pledges and offertory giving, even when you are unable to attend church. Your contributions are transferred automatically from your checking, savings or credit card account to St. Luke’s. You can change or cancel your online giving at any time.
- How does online giving work? Online giving can be set up through your financial institution by using the “bill pay” option, or you can go to St. Luke’s website to set up a schedule of regular contributions. By setting up a password protected profile, you can log in at any time to make donations, change a donation schedule, or view your personal giving history.
- What is a recurring donation? A recurring donation is a donation set up to occur automatically on a regularly scheduled basis.
- What are the benefits of setting up a recurring donation?
- Reduces check writing for frequent donors
- Allows donations to continue uninterrupted during absences
- Allows donations to be spread out over time
- Reduces administrative costs for organizations
- Consumes fewer resources than paper check processing
- Is online giving safe? Yes. In many ways giving online is safer than writing a check or carrying cash because an electronic gift cannot be lost or stolen. St. Luke’s works with Vanco Services a respected service provider, to process our transactions. They employ top industry standards to protect and secure account information. Vanco processes transactions for more than 15,000 churches and non-profits.
- Can I make a one-time contribution electronically? Yes. Online giving features allow you the option of either making a one-time gift or setting up a recurring contribution to be paid from your bank account or credit/debit card on the date(s) specified by you.
- Can I change the amount or the frequency of my gifts once I have set it up? Yes. If you set up a recurring gift, you can change it at any time. If you have enrolled using the form from St. Luke’s website, you will need to update the form to make changes to your recurring gift.
- Can I review my donation history online? If you use the website form, you will be able to view your history of giving through this service. If you make cash or check contributions in addition to online giving, these gifts will not be visible on your online giving report. However, your quarterly giving statement from St. Luke’s will reflect all contributions.
- Will I receive regular contribution statements from St. Luke’s? Yes. St. Luke’s will continue to provide quarterly and year-end contribution statements. These statements will report all gifts, regardless of the giving method.
- How do I keep track of contributions? Besides statements from St. Luke’s, your bank statement will show your online transactions. This serves as another record of your contributions.
- Can I designate my gift for a particular use? Yes. You may designate your gift toward the general fund or other mission funds. We may also add funds throughout the year for special giving purposes.
Access Online Giving