Sunday School for children age 3 through 5th grade meets Sunday mornings from 9:45-10:45 a.m., September 11, 2016 (Rally Sunday) through May 14, 2017 (culminating spring program).
Goals of St. Luke’s Faith Formation Programs are:
- to offer a dynamic Christian Faith Formation program for all age groups that will encourage one another, foster fellowship and relationships and find ways to help others in need
- to equip children, youth, adults and families to understand God’s word, communicating at age-appropriate levels and including both Old & New Testaments
- to help all ages understand how to apply and communicate God’s word and truth in all areas of life
In order to accomplish these goals, St. Luke’s strives to:
- incorporate regular Bible study and Scripture memorization in a variety of learning styles throughout the Sunday School curriculum
- communicate goals and objectives to Sunday School teachers
- encourage all to learn God’s Word and apply it to our lives through service
2 year olds and parent(s) meet monthly throughout the year in the nursery to hear a Bible story, experience an activity, play and get to know each other better.
3 year olds–1st Graders meet in classrooms with team teachers and youth assistants. They learn stories from the Old and New Testaments through a curriculum called “Spark,” that families can also use at home. The goal of these years is for each child to learn about God’s love and to develop trust in Jesus.
2nd–5th Graders meet in grade-level groups that rotate between different workshops each Sunday, studying the same Bible story for two weeks. Workshops include Temple (Bible skills and games), Art, Science or Cooking. Shepherds accompany classes to their rotations, help teach the grade’s Spiritual Milestone and build relationships with children. Rotation teachers teach the same lesson to different groups of children for 2 weeks. The goal of these years is for each child to grow in his or her faith in God.
This year’s Sunday School theme is “Do Justice, Love Kindness, and Walk Humbly with Your God.” Micah 6:8 The children’s offerings will help support a variety of non-profit organizations throughout the year.
For more information contact Melinda Hoiland, Director for Children’s Music and Education Ministries or (847) 825-6659
Download the appropriate Registration Form, fill out and return to Melinda Hoiland